Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour is an official theatrical production by Cirque du Soleil which uses the music and vision of Michael Jackson along with Cirque du Soleil's acrobatic performance style to create a realistic concert experience. The show was directed by Jamie King.
The show began its tour in Montreal on October 2, 2011. After its North American tour spanning two years, it continued to Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East. By February, 2014, there was a total of 501 shows from 141 cities.
It is the most financially successful Cirque production and highest grossing tribute show in history. The tour was ranked as the seventh highest grossing tour of all time.
The acts are staged to the music of Michael Jackson:
- Childhood - The Mime awakens the inhabitants.
- Wanna Be Startin' Something - Dance and acrobatic number.
- Fanatics: Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) - Five fanatics take pictures of the audience and try to get into Neverland.
- Dancing Machine - Welders perform on motorized cables.
- Ben - A celebration of Michael's love of animals.
- This Place Hotel - Aerial tango.
- Smooth Criminal - Dance routine.
- Dangerous - Pole dancing act.
- Fanatics: Jackson 5 Medley - The fanatics are in a competition and are granted access to Neverland.
- Mime - Mime gains the talents of Michael and performs beatbox.
- Human Nature - Aerial hoops.
- Scary Story: Is It Scary - Contortion act.
- Bats: Threatened - Aerial act.
- Thriller - Free-running parkour act.
- Swans: I Just Can't Stop Loving You - Straps duo act.
- Beat It - The fanatics manipulate Michael's iconic accessories.
- Jam - Hip-hop choreography with basketballs.
- Earth Song - Mime is tangled in the tree, which is turned upside down.
- Scream - Tumbling (men's rhythmic gymnastics) and aerial act.
- Gone Too Soon - The Mime cradles four horses in this ballad.
- They Don't Care About Us - Dance choreography.
- Heal The World/Will You Be There - Artists descend onto the stage with glowing red hearts.
- I'll Be There - The young 11-year-old voice of Michael, and a single piano track.
- Immortal Megamix - Swiss rings act, dance choreography, and world dance styles.
- Man In The Mirror - Finale is a celebration of Michael Jackson.
- Opening Megamix
- Workin' Day And Night
- "The Immortal Intro" Video Interlude
- Wanna Be Startin' Something
- Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) (select shows)
- Dancing Machine
- "Cello Solo" Musical Interlude
- Gangster Medley
- Mime Segment - Another Part Of Me
- Jackson 5 Medley
- Human Nature
- Scary Story Medley
- You Are Not Alone/I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- Beat It/Jam
- Earth Song
- Gone Too Soon (select shows)
- They Don't Care About Us
- Will You Be There
- "I'll Be There" Video Interlude
- Immortal Megamix
- Man In The Mirror
- Ending Music - Remember The Time/Bad