|Released||August 31, 1987|
|Recorded|| January – July 1987|
Westlake Recording Studios
(Los Angeles, California)
|Produced by|| Quincy Jones|
Michael Jackson (co-producer)
Bad is Michael Jackson's 7th studio album, released by Epic Records on August 31, 1987. This album consists of 11 of Jackson's songs, one that features Stevie Wonder and another that features Siedah Garrett. Bad is the 19-27th most sold album worldwide with 65,000,000 sold.
- Bad (recorded January – July 1987)
- The Way You Make Me Feel (recorded January – July 1987)
- Speed Demon (recorded January – July 1987)
- Liberian Girl (recorded January – July 1987)
- Just Good Friends (featuring Stevie Wonder) (recorded January – July 1987)
- Another Part of Me (recorded January – July 1987)
- Man In the Mirror (recorded January – July 1987)
- I Just Can't Stop Loving You (featuring Siedah Garrett) (recorded January 1987)
- Dirty Diana (recorded January – July 1987)
- Smooth Criminal (recorded January – July 1987)
CD, Cassette, and LP Reissues
- Leave Me Alone (recorded January – July 1987) - The LP release of Bad didn't include this song on its track listing, but is now present on all CD releases.
2001 Special Edition Bonus Features
- Streetwalker (Previously unreleased song)
- Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu (Spanish version of I Just Can't Stop Loving You)
- Fly Away (Previously unreleased song)
- Three interviews with Quincy Jones
- An 82nd spoken introduction to Fly Away
- "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (July 20, 1987)
- "Bad" (September 17, 1987)
- "The Way You Make Me Feel" (November 9, 1987)
- "Man In the Mirror" (December 16, 1987)
- "Dirty Diana" (April 18, 1988)
- "Another Part of Me" (July 11, 1988)
- "Smooth Criminal" (October 21, 1988)
- "Leave Me Alone" (February 13, 1989)
- "Liberian Girl" (July 4, 1989)
- "Speed Demon" (only for promotion) (October 12, 1989)
- Letta Mbulu (appears on spoken intro of Liberian Girl)
- Stevie Wonder (appears on Just Good Friends)
- Siedah Garrett (appears on I Just Can't Stop Loving You)
- The album produced 5 Hot 100 number ones; the first album to do so.
- Bad was the 3rd and final album collaboration between Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones.
- Michael wrote 9 out of 11 songs on the album tracks and was the co-producer for the entire album.
- Just Good Friends and I Just Can't Stop Loving You are the only songs in the album that have no music videos (not including the 2001 special edition).
- Just Good Friends is the only song in the album that hasn't been a single.
- A 25th anniversary of Bad was released on September 18, 2012, under the name Bad 25 with the original album tracks as well as bonus remixes, demos, and previously unreleased material.